Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sorry for the wait. I know it's been a good, long while. I guess that's life, and if you can't understand then maybe you are the wrong kind of person to be following my blog. I don't mean to point out the obvious, but Norah used to just sit there as I uploaded photos, and those days are OVER!

I'm not even sure what inspired me to finally get started again. It's something I've been dreading. I think it's these changing seasons. Or, it's that the last trace of the baby in Norah is gone now, and we don't call her our Bug anymore. She's outgrown it. It's like the name needed to be boxed up with the play mat, the burp cloths, and the nursing pillow. She really is a giant, you know. Well, for a kid who weighed six pounds at birth she is. And she's smart and funny, which can bring about as many problems as smiles. Ever the lady, as she has always been. I mean its just weird when I look over and see her nurturing her babies, and I am reminded to nurture mine.

In this moment I'm learning that children come into our lives at the perfect time, just when we aren't children ourselves anymore. The world has turned a bit colder and the sadness of time sets in. We get older and things happen in life we thought only happened to the others. And just when it feels like it's too much, there's your child. The hope and the promise of her life. And it's all beautiful again.

Thanks for staying tuned. I won't promise that another hiatus from blogging isn't around the corner. But I do believe I will continue to take pictures of our Nunes as she grows and maybe of other things too. Then when the moment is right, I'll post them.

xo

4 comments:

anjuli paschall said...

oh Jamie.. i MISS you! I love hearing your thoughts on watching your little one grow. I still have nick names for Manoah that i can't stop using even though he has far out grown them. I hope you are well. how are YOU? love you lots!

artsurfsoul said...

All of the pictures are adorable. Can't wait to see all three of you.

Laura Melton Tucker said...

Ah, Jamie, please keep posting! I LOVE stopping by for a visit...almost like being there. My love to you and the ones you love :-)

Unknown said...

What I love about little ones like Nora is that each new discovery helps you see things as if they were new, even if you are no longer enchanted or amazed, left on your own. She is a doll, Jamie. We miss you, but it is exciting watching Cortney bloom!
--Mary Anne James